Thursday, March 5, 2009

Aches, Pains, and No Plans

John and I finally finished moving the stuff out of Mom’s apartment, late Tuesday afternoon. The apartment storage and a storage unit remain full. John will be getting that stuff as he can, and I’ll help as needed. Initially, we need a few days to recoup energy and sanity. Even our thought processes are less than rational, much less efficient.

Today is the first day I’ll be uninvolved, although I still need to empty one carload and still have stuff out on the deck, in the cold. That will only require an hour or so, and then I can think about what to do. At this point, that prospect seems blank, indicating the exhaustion. Best thing to do is not push it and by all means, don’t take it personally*. I may go by the grocery to pick up some vegetables for the crock-pot, get some coffee and people watching while I’m out, then post this to the blog. I'll keep life simple for a few days. The rest of my life will return.

The other thing to do is walk. It is said one cannot walk and be depressed. It does work, at least for me. I also would like to resume daily exercise to recoup some physical conditioning, which has been lost this last two years, both because of the recovery from surgery and the stress eating of mom-care. Now, I’ll eat more vegan and exercise often—and keep life simple, awaiting the return of the rest of life. It’s obscured here some place, probably in one of the many boxes stacked in my room. This is my best at the moment.**

*Don't Take Anything Personally. Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering. ~ Don Miguel Ruiz

I find Ruiz' excellent advice applies doubly for self-critique, which I am very active at.

**Always Do Your Best. Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret. . ~ Don Miguel Ruiz

No comments:

Post a Comment