Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Squirrel World

I put out eats for birds and squirrels, especially in the winter. During the summer, I tend to let it run out for a few days to encourage them to seek food from their natural sources.


Worked pretty well except for one young, female squirrel, whose reaction was to come close to the door, voicing her displeasure that I was remiss in my duties. Much of the time, I could not resist her admonishment. When I did, she waited until I was taking a nap, then came into the room, raiding the food bag directly, leaving a mess on the floor to perhaps have me rethink any future tardiness. I did.

She willingly provides a refresher course whenever needed. I happily report I've become proficient in avoiding further instruction. She seems smug she's shown me my life's purpose and I fulfill it.

No comments:

Post a Comment