Thursday, April 16, 2009

New Leaf

The time has come (the walrus says...). The extra weight put on in the last few years is coming off! It has gotten to the point of being hazardous to my health, so I shall simply not tolerate it further. That's the easy part, now down to the hard part...

I've acquired a couple of hand weights and an Iron Gym, the chin-up bar that fits in a doorway. Landlady has already expressed concerns that her doorways may not support it. Oh well, if not, ... we'll find out.

I've also ordered 10-Minute Trainer. Obviously I'm serious. Diet-wise, I've cut out red meat (worked last time) and have gotten some Lemonade mix with zero calories instead of the previous 60-calories per serving. I'll eat more fresh salads, which I enjoy.

I am determined to return to an ideal weight which I consider around 187 lbs, my weight coming out of boot camp. I weighted 167-lbs out of high school, then 13-weeks later, 187. I've weighted 203 when doing heavy lifting and walking miles each shift, but no longer plan lifting more than me on the pull-up bar. If the effect of 10-Minute Trainer is as good as advertised, it should come off in perhaps three months, but, even if not that successful, should have me feeling better.

Wish me luck.

1 comment: