Saturday, February 7, 2009

Blog Blog Blog

I remember where I was going with the previous entries, but I'm not sure I want to go there, at least today. So, I'll just post some finger diarrhea.

The picture is the snow we had this week. It came down over two night,but the picture captured just the first night. Temperatures remained below freezing for two days, dropping to 7 overnight. I didn't go out except quickly to take this picture. Its followup was blurred from my shaking. Not going out for three days might explain weirdness of previous posts.

This was in Asheville. Columbus didn't get any snow, and Mom oh so wants to see some.

Earlier this morning, I installed a widget that captures visitor locations to the blog. I'm fascinated, as if you hadn't noticed, but the other attractive feature is that it is free. Anyway, find the map in the right column, click on the map, and it will bring up a world map showing visitor locations. One can drill down on the map for some very specific detail. It shows me, at mom's;, as being in Landrum, SC. I assume that's because that is where the telephone DSL connects with the internet.

Since John is using a Verizon broadband wireless modem in Brevard, I am curious to see where he comes up when he visits. Probably will have to wait until tomorrow since he is busy with his girlfriend this weekend. She returns home in late afternoon, if you also share my curiosity, ah, about his modem.

The other puzzle I am interested in is how to get what I think are called captions on the pictures appearing in the blog. When one holds their cursor over a picture for a second or more, a caption would appear with wording telling whatever the person wanted. I've noticed some of these in Liz' photos, where they say, "something-or-other by Elizabeth Elzey." Of course, when I asked her about it, I couldn't find any, and she did not know what I was referring to. Obviously Murphy is alive and well, and only goes on vacation when I do.

If any of you have an idea, please, let me know. Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. i think it has to do with what you name the file that you post rather than editing it in the blog itself to say that.
    well that's my guess anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. should your widget show something on the west coast visiting you? and by that i mean liz. i see no dot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I assume Liz has not visited since I installed the widget. Could be she is reading that stack of books she will need starting today. Give her a short time and she will be the memory wiz.

    I'll see if I can find an example of what I'm talking about; i.e., picture caption.

    ReplyDelete